WordPress gives you the freedom to add any kind of text and media to your site. In case you never knew, you can also add Google maps to your WordPress site and make it easier for your customers to reach you easily.
Why add Google Maps?
From a local SEO standoff, maps and physical addresses in your website can help score a better search engine ranking.
That said, you can add Google maps to your WordPress site in three methods:
- Manualling embedding the map
- Using a WordPress Plugin
- Using a widget & a lightbox
Method #1: Manually embedding the map
- Go to Google Maps website and locate the location you want to integrate in your WordPress site
- Click on the link button on the right hand panel. It will show an embeddable link
- Copy the link. You can also customize the link by using the “Customize and preview the embedded map” button
- Once you are done copying or customizing, go to your WordPress website and paste the copied link into the code of the blog post, page or the template you are using
Save all changes and you are done.
Method #2: Using a WordPress Plugin
There are umpteen number of WordPress plugins (free & paid) available in the Internet for several purposes. MapPress Easy Google Maps plugin is one such plugin that lets you embed Google maps into your WordPress site.
- Install the plugin and activate before using
- Go to the post/page/template where Google maps need to be embedded
- Go the MapPress section and click on New Map
- A MapPress editor will pop up where you can type in the map’s location. The plugin will automatically find the location link on the map
- Give a title for the map as you wish and close the editor
MapPress also offers you the controls to customize the map usage and access within your WordPress site.
Other popular WordPress plugins for Google Maps include:
Method #3: Using a Widget
Adding a Google Maps widget to your screen is another simple way to embed Google Maps into your WordPress site.
Get a Google Maps Widget like the one from Web Factory Ltd. or any other developer of your choice.
- Activate the widget by accessing it from Appearance -> Widgets
- Customize the appearance of the widget
- Add the location link in the Lightbox map and save settings
- Check out the map preview and align the widget to yur sidebar or centre as desired.
That’s it. You are good to go.
These are three simple methods you can use to embed Google Maps into your WordPress site.
Have any thoughts? Let us know in comments.