Lost your phone? Jio SIM damaged? Or you just want to get rid of the Jio SIM? Whatever the reason maybe, it is quite easy to deactivate Jio SIM.
Unlike most telecom operators, Jio is a customer centric mobile carrier. It has thoughtfully set up multiple ways for its customers to quickly deactivate Jio SIM card without breaking into a sweat.
You can deactivate Jio SIM through the Jio portal or even by calling up the customer care number.
How to deactivate prepaid Jio SIM online through Jio portal
Here are the four steps how you can deactivate Jio SIM online.
- Visit the Jio portal and login to your account by entering the username and password using which you got the SIM.
- On the next screen you will see a blue setting s symbol, just like the settings icon in Android and iOS devices. Click on the settings button.
- The resultant screen will show an option to ‘Suspend and Resume’. Click on suspend
- A dialog box with two options will pop up. You can select either SIM damaged or SIM/Device lost as the case maybe.
Images source: http://trak.in/tags/business/2017/03/10/suspend-resume-jio-4g-sim/
- That’s it. Your SIM card must be deactivated instantly or within a maximum period of 7 days.
How to deactivate Jio SIM through customer care
Well, we all have been through days when the Internet just don’t work. If you are having one such day, you can always deactivate Jim SIM manually by dialling up the customer care which functions 24/7.
- Jio SIM deactivation number if you are calling from any other mobile network: 1800-889-9999
- Customer care number if you are calling from a Jio number: 198 or 199.
- If you are a Jio corporate customer, you need to dial 1800-889-9333
Note: Jio SIM deactivation will happen automatically if you leave the SIM unused for more than 90 days. But,why wait for 90 days when you can visit a Reliance Digital store and finish the job in seven days?
You can always walk up to the nearest Reliance Digital showroom and place a request for Jio SIM deactivation. In case of a physical request, the SIM will be deactivated within 7 days max. The same goes for prepaid as well as postpaid SIMs.
How to resume your deactivated SIM
In case, if you are choosing SIM/Device lost, it is always possible to resume the service.
Log into your account -> Go to settings screen and click on ‘RESUME’. Voila! That’s all it takes to have Jio’s generous offer of free Internet and voice calling.
Reliance Jio took the Indian telecom industry by storm with its unbelievable offers rolled out in September 2016. Although there are rumors floating around that from March 2017 onwards it would turn out into a freemium model, where you will have to pay for certain features, Jio is still an awesome option.
However, just in case if your SIM is lost or you want to deactivate the SIM for a while, the above mentioned process will help you do it.