YouTube is the world’s numero uno video watching app. It has millions of users and since it’s capture by Google in 2006, it has become one of the best, if not the best video sharing site on the web. If you have used the YouTube app on your smartphone or PC, then you must know how addictive it gets. But the best way of enjoying watching YouTube videos is to watch them on the big screen like a TV. This is where a Chromecast comes to use.
What exactly is Chromecast?
A Chromecast is a streaming device from Google which can be attached to a TV and then connect with your Android smartphone. It’s a fairly cheap device and you can stream the apps and videos from your phone to your TV through Wi-Fi connectivity to get a big screen experience. The best thing about it is that you do not have to use any wire as it is completely wireless. It’s really easy to connect and use as well. Let us find out how you can stream YouTube videos to your TV through Chromecast.
How to Stream YouTube on your TV using the Chromecast?
Given below are the steps through which you can connect your smartphone to your Chromecast device and hence stream the YouTube app through to your TV.
- To begin with, you need to connect the Chromecast device with your TV and have the YouTube app installed on your smartphone.
- Connect your smartphone to the Chromecast device using the Wi-Fi network. To establish a connection, turn on the Wi-Fi on your phone by going to Settings → Wi-Fi.
- Connect with the network which matches that of your Chromecast device.
- Open the YouTube app on your smartphone. If you don’t have the app pre-installed, then you can go to the Google PlayStore and then download the You-Tube app from their for free.
- Upon opening the YouTube app, you will see a cast button right on top of the home screen. Remember that if you are opening the YouTube.com website from your browser, then the cast button is located at the bottom right corner.
- Click on the cast button and select the Chromecast device on which you want to cast your content.
- You will soon see the YouTube app appear on your TV.
- Now you can just play any video of your choice and it will stream to your TV as well. Hence you can enjoy all your favorite videos on the big screen too.
- If you want to stop the casting or disconnect your device, then also it’s a simple process.
- Just press the cast button on top of the YouTube app again. In the specified options, press Disconnect. Your device will be disconnected and streaming will be immediately stopped.
The Last Words
So we have seen how easy it is to stream your favorite videos from YouTube to your TV using the Chromecast device. Just follow the steps mentioned above and hence enjoy watching your favorite videos on a big screen.